Location, Transport & Directions
Download maps, get directions, rail, bus and coach information and get links to further transport information.
From M11 Junction 11 Northbound
- Exit M11 Junction 11 and turn right at the roundabout.
- Follow signs to Cambridge, go straight on for about 3 miles.
- At the 2 mini roundabouts go straight on at the first and turn right at the second.
- After 400 metres there is a large crossroads, on your right is a large church. Turn left at this junction into Regent St and continue for 300 metres - you will see Downing College located on the left-hand side.
From A14 Huntingdon Southbound
- Take A1307 to Cambridge from the A14, signposted City Centre. After 1 mile you will arrive at traffic lights and a large junction.
- Go straight on, and down the hill to another crossroads and turn right (Ring Road).
- Bear left at the mini-roundabout, continuing along the Backs of the colleges.
- Go straight on at the lights and left at the next roundabout. Follow the road straight on.
- You will come to a mini roundabout, go left here, then immediately right at the second mini-roundabout.
- Turn left at the crossroads (there is a large church on your right) into Regent St and continue for 300 metres - you will see Downing College on the left-hand side.
From Norwich A11/A14
- Exit A14 at Stow-cum-Quy and follow signs to Cambridge A1303 and at the roundabout take left-hand exit to Cambridge.
- Follow the road past the Cambridge Airport and continue straight on for 2 miles until Newmarket Road roundabout.
- Take the first exit into East Rd, and continue straight on until you get to a crossroads with a park in front of you and to your right. Go straight on at this junction.
- After 300 metres there is a large junction, on your left is a church. Turn right at this junction into Regent St, Downing College is on your left-hand side.
Downing College has limited on-site car parking, offered to delegates subject to availability. This includes 2 electric car charging stations.
However its location on Regent Street in the heart of Cambridge means that it is easy to reach by public transport – train or bus – or by one of the City’s Park & Ride services.
Cambridge is on the main lines from London King’s Cross and London Liverpool Street. Downing College is situated about ¾ mile from the Railway Station and is served by regular buses and taxis.
Cambridge’s main bus station, Drummer Street is only a 5 minute walk from Downing College.
Park & Ride
Cambridgeshire County Council operates 7 Park & Ride schemes with large car parks and regular bus services into the city.
The most convenient Park & Ride for Downing College is at Trumpington which stops outside John Lewis, just 5 minutes walk away.
Helpful links for information about getting around Cambridge: