Transport & Location
Download maps, get directions, rail, bus and coach information and get links to further transport information.
From M11 Junction 11 Northbound
- Exit M11 Junction 11 and turn right at the roundabout.
- Follow signs to Cambridge go straight on for about 3 miles.
- At the two mini roundabouts go straight on at the first and turn right at the second.
- After 400 metres there is a large crossroads, on your right is a large church. Turn left at this junction (into Regent Street) and continue for 300 metres - you will see Downing College located on the left-hand side.
From A14 Huntingdon Southbound
- Take A1307 to Cambridge from the A14 signposted City Centre. After 1 mile you will arrive at traffic lights and a large junction.
- Go straight on, and down the hill to another crossroad and turn right (Ring Road).
- Bear left at the mini-roundabout, continuing along the Backs of the colleges.
- Go straight on at the lights and left at the next roundabout. Follow the road straight on.
- You will come to a mini roundabout and go left here, then immediately right at a second mini-roundabout.
- Turn left at the crossroads (there is a large church on your right) into Regent Street and continue for 300 metres - you will see Downing College on the left-hand side.
From Norwich A11/A14
- Exit A14 at Stow-cum-Quy and follow signs to Cambridge A1303 and at the roundabout take left hand exit to Cambridge.
- Follow the Road past the Cambridge Airport and continue straight on for 2 miles until Newmarket Road Roundabout.
- Take 1st exit (into East Road), and continue straight on until you get to a crossroads with a Park in front of you and to your right. Go straight on at this junction.
- After 300 metres there is a large junction, on your left is a church. Turn right at this junction (into Regent Street) and Downing College is 300 on your left-hand side.
Cambridge is on the main lines from London Kings Cross and London Liverpool Street. Downing College is situated about ¾ of a mile from the railway station and is served by regular buses and taxis.
Cambridge’s main bus station, Drummer Street is only a 5 minutes walk from the College.
Helpful links for information about getting around Cambridge: